About a week ago, I decided that it might be fun to keep an eye on the sky and point out transits.
Transits are like cosmic weather. They're what the planets are doing in the sky right now, observable astronomical phenomena.
The planets are always moving, so there is always something going on, but not everything is noteworthy. The Moon, for example, fuses its energy with your natal Mars once or twice a month,* but the two planets don't stay together very long, which doesn't give them much time to build up power. Your experience of the event is likely to be slight irritation for half an hour, the kind of thing you'd be unlikely to notice unless you used that energy to start an argument with a friend or cut someone off in traffic and caused an accident.
We all experience transits differently because we were all born under different skies,** so a small transit might trigger a bigger event than you might otherwise expect. If Pluto was in a tense aspect with your Venus when Mars and the Moon fused, and the argument happened in a relationship that was already unhealthy or fragile, the relationship might end. But an argument at the same time with the same influences in a strong relationship might bring you and your friend closer together.
So, any transit has the potential to be a Big Transit, but since it would be impossible to focus on everything, I defined Big Transits as:
- A new/full Moon
- A planet/the Nodes moving into a new sign
- Major aspects (conjunction/opposition/square) between outer planets
- A planet going retrograde or direct
- Major aspects (conjunction/opposition/square) involving personal planets that ping any of the above
I guessed these events would be the most likely to have an impact on most people, and I also thought there would be no more than 2 or 3 of these a week. Most of the time I think this will be accurate, but over the next week there is a lot going on. And by a lot, I mean 7 major aspects in a row.
Mark these on your calendar and keep an eye out for more info:
- Tuesday, October 6: Mars in Virgo opposes Neptune in Pisces
- Thursday, October 8: Venus enters Virgo
- Friday, October 9: Mercury goes direct in Libra
- Friday-Sunday, October 9-11: Nodes of the Moon enter Virgo/Pisces
- Sunday, October 11: Sun in Libra opposes Uranus in Aries
- Monday, October 12: New Moon in Libra
- Friday, October 23: Sun enters Scorpio
- Tuesday, October 27: Full Moon in Taurus
Want to know what this transit has to say to you? Get a reading and find out.
* When two planets influence each other, it is called an aspect. When they fuse their energy like this, it is called a conjunction.
** A map of the stars at the moment of your birth is called your natal chart. It's a key to your psychological pressure points and what astrologers consult to understand the impact of transits on you.